A historic review of floods in
the Schoharie valley and articles on the Blenheim bridge and museum.
The issue continues our coverage of the construction of the Schoharie
reservoir focussing on the Gate-House of the Shandaken Tunnel. We also
have Franklin Clapper’s recollections of the people and time of Mackey
in the late 1930s and early 1940s. NOTE: The interviews from which this
article was drawn is online
as well. Finally, we have Beatrice Mattice’s information on the 19th
century immigration of the Irish to South Gilboa; the display of Timothy
Murphy’s rifle at the Stone Fort; and some information on sheep and
goats in the area.
This link is to a number of free searchable.pdf volumes of interest to the Gilboa-Conesville area, including The Bureau of Water Supply’sAnnual Reports from 1907 through 1927; Warner’sMilitary Records of Schoharie County Veterans of Four Wars, Simm’sHistory of Schoharie County and Border Wars of New York (1845); Roscoe’sHistory of Schoharie County, NY 1713-1882; and White’sThe Catskill Water Supply of New York City (1913).Download Quarterly in PDF format