Gilboa Historical Society meets 7:00 pm at the Gilboa Town Hall on the third Wednesday of each month, March through December. We have a program and speaker at every meeting except for July (an ice cream social with live music held at the museum) and August (a field trip car-pooled from the Town Hall to a selected area attraction). The Town Hall is located at 373 State Route 990V, Gilboa, NY 12076 (across from the DEP Station, and northwest of the reservoir overlook by a half-mile. The mailing address is at P.O. Box 187, and you can contact the society at 607 588-7050.
Gilboa Historical Society Museum (http://www.gilboafossils.org/) has continuing exhibits on the Gilboa Fossils, the loss of the village, construction of the northernmost reservoir of New York City, and the history of our agricultural community in the northern Catskills. The museum is at 122 Stryker Road, Gilboa, NY 12076 and is open noon–4:30 Saturdays and Sundays from July through Labor Day; and on Columbus Day weekend. We are also anxious to host private tours for individuals and groups. Please plan to bring your students, club members, or family members by arranging a special tour. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607 588-9413 for an appointment.
Pictures of the Village of Old Gilboa: Historian Richard Lewis has 8 x 10 pictures of original buildings in the village—we have archived high resolution copies, and thumbnails are online (http://gilboahome.com/ghspublications/villagepictures/index.html). Click on any thumbnail to see a larger, medium resolution .jpeg. Please use the back arrow of your browser to navigate.
GHS Audio Files of selected interviews are available online (http://gilboahome.com/ghspublications/audiointerviews/index.html).
Gilboa Historical Society Newsletter has been published in March, June, September, and December. Starting with the September 2014 issue, we are changing the name to better fit a 40-page publication—the Quarterly. Regardless of the name, the archives below make all of them accessible for reading online or downloading and archiving at home. This is a free service of the GHS.
- You can register here to receive an email when these publications become available online. They are there for you to freely read them on line or download as a PDF.
- We have 2 ways where you can ask for a free subscription to the physical newsletter, join the Gilboa Historical Society, access our Museum Gift Shop, etc.
- GHS Quarterly 16.3 Fall 2014
- GHS Newsletter 16.2 Summer 2014
- GHS Newsletter 16.1 Spring 2014
- GHS Newsletter 15.4 Winter 2013
- GHS Newsletter 15.3 Fall 2013
- GHS Newsletter 15.2 Summer 2013
- GHS Newsletter 15.1 Spring 2013
- GHS Newsletter 14.4 Winter 2012
- GHS Newsletter 14.3 Fall 2012
- GHS Newsletter 14.2 Summer 2012
- GHS Newsletter 14.1 Spring 2012
- GHS Newsletter 13.4 Winter 2011
- GHS Newsletter 13.3 Fall 2011
- GHS Newsletter 13.2 Summer 2011
- GHS Newsletter 13.1 Spring 2011
- GHS Newsletter 12.4 Winter 2010
- GHS Newsletter 12.3 Fall 2010
- GHS Newsletter 12.2 Summer 2010
- GHS Newsletter 12.1 Spring 2010
- GHS Newsletter 11.3 Fall 2009
- GHS Newsletter 11.2 Summer 2009
- GHS Newsletter 11.1 Spring 2009
- GHS Newsletter 10.3 Fall, 2008
- GHS Newsletter 10.2 Summer 2008
- GHS Newsletter 10.1 Spring 2008
- GHS Newsletter 9.3 Fall 2007
- GHS Newsletter 9.2 Summer 2007
- GHS Newsletter 9.1 Spring 2007
- GHS Newsletter 8.2 Fall 2006