GHS Quarterly 17.2 Summer 2015
This coming month is our field trip to Roxbury’s Gould Memorial Church, and then Mark Sullivan will tell us more about Corporal William Barringer’s death at the end of the Civil War.
The walking tour of the Village of Gilboa in 1917 continues with descriptions of the road map of the area including the bridges over the Schoharie, Iron Bridge, the Gilboa Falls and the dam that powered the mills and Tri County Light and Power Company. Then, Gerry Stoner and Lee Hudson show us the industry north of the retail area of town: Luman Hildreth’s Shop, Lewis’ Riverside Garage, Gilboa Creamery, Cotton Mill Cooperative, the ruins of Gilboa Foundry, Saw Mill, Grist Mill, Water rights, and the properties along Lower and Church Hill roads.
There is also stories of at the Farm Cadet Program on the Foote Farm, articles from the Schenectady Gazette, the personal experiences of participants and a love story. Something for everyone. And finally, an update on the Gilboa Honor Roll.
Download Quarterly in PDF format