By clicking on the links below, you can hear or download audio files of interviews conducted for the Newsletter.
- The Snow of 1958, or 7 Feet in 14 Days
The blizzard of 1958 left 7 feet of snow in 14 days. The Jefferson Historical Society hosted a discussion of this blizzard on January 30, 2011 at the Jefferson Town Hall.
- Another Day, Another Dollar
Diane Galusha discusses the Civilian Conservation Corps in the Catskill Mountains.
- Soil Conservation Service in Schoharie County, 1942
Cora Utter discusses the Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) in Schoharie County.
- Opening of the Gilboa Museum and Dedication of the Juried Memorial Barn
The dedication of the Juried Memorial Barn and the opening of the Gilboa Museum’s 2010 season, with addresses by Kristen Wyckoff, Nick Juried and Dottie Pickett.
- Village of Hobart, NY Maps and Notes Showing Settlement and Growth
Listen to Jim Meagley discuss the evolution of land use and settlement in Hobart, NY from 1778 to 1927.
- One-room Schoolhouses
Listen to four local women share their experiences of one-room schoolhouses.
- Farming in the late 1930s
Stewart Mace and Shirley Brown Kutzscher talk about life on the farm in the late 1930s.